SitaRamachandraarpanam

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kana Kana Ruchira Kanaka Vasana Ninnu


Powered by Castpost






powered by SignMyGuestbook.com

SriKrishnaarpanam

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sundara Manmatha Koti Prakaasha,Hare Sri Krishna
When i am about to die, the only forms that should appear b4 me should be that of the Lord (Krishna) with the beautiful flute kept on his lips , with the peacock plumes slantingly placed on his head and with the body as blue as bluestone
Swami Desikan in GopAla Vimshathi

Missed some quote??? Check it out here


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Monday, July 11, 2005

Rakshamam Sharanaagatham

Am gonna kick off this blog post with a question to all u Gen-Y...

"How often do we pray god and wat do we pray for?"..

The reason y am questioning is because today I was struck by a very hurtful throat-pain and I am having great difficulty in swallowing any kind of food. At this point of time, like most average humans, I am praying god that it should be a minor problem and it should fade away ASAP.

Basically , am pleading god to give me a free treatment (to take the pain off) ,who would eventually appear as a doc that wud prescribe some medication if it is not a major problem ..but wat if it isnt a minor problem.. at this point of time , I have got no clue abt the reasons behind this pain that appeared just like that. It can even be a serious problem ( but i hope not). Nevertheless, the chances of this pain turning out to be a serious problem can't be ruled out.

For sure,, I am asking a great deal from god . How much more selfish can i be? Does it sound fair to pray god (,,,thinkin abt god for my own physical betterment) just when I am in need? Nothing relly comes in this world for free.. U reap wat u sow or in other words.. ur actions determine wat u are gonna be getting. So ,if i am inflicted by this pain, doesn't it mean I shuld have done somthing negative in my past life???? It surely does. What this essentially means is that if i had done zero or very few negative actions in my past, there is every reason for me to believe that I woundn't have gotten this pain...So, what I shuld be praying at this point of time is to ask god to help me be a better person right from this second so that at least i can avert the chances of this throat pain turning out to be a major problem with the means of some positive thoughts ..... Pray him to guide me to do the right things coz it is way too easier to perform something negative rather than simply asking "Please ,god take the pain off my throat" ..Doesn't that sound more rational?????

So,Wat is the bottom line?? As i inquired u guys upfront, it is very very essential for us to pray god each and every day and so ,...wat should we pray for??? ... health and wealth???????nay....Let us all request him to help us do the right and positive things rather than asking him for materialistic favors that include wealth, health and bla bla bla...Let us all pray god to make us better humans to the world (everything that surrounds us) than to ourselves..Let us pray god not to let us impede the virtuous beauty of life ....

Sarve Jana Sukhino Bhavantu (May all live in peace)

blogging out

krishna

Comments on "Rakshamam Sharanaagatham"

 

post a comment
f