SitaRamachandraarpanam

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kana Kana Ruchira Kanaka Vasana Ninnu


Powered by Castpost






powered by SignMyGuestbook.com

SriKrishnaarpanam

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sundara Manmatha Koti Prakaasha,Hare Sri Krishna
When i am about to die, the only forms that should appear b4 me should be that of the Lord (Krishna) with the beautiful flute kept on his lips , with the peacock plumes slantingly placed on his head and with the body as blue as bluestone
Swami Desikan in GopAla Vimshathi

Missed some quote??? Check it out here


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Monday, July 18, 2005

Getting praised by the greatest

Pancharatna Krithis ,without doubt, are one of the greatest musical compositions from one of the few great composers in carnatic music. Its a well known fact that Saint Tyagarajha, is an exceptional talent that exemplified Rama bhakthi to the core but did you know that the most popular of the pancharatna krithis, "Entharo Mahanubavulu" was dedicated by Tyagarajar to the performance of a simple but an extremely talented musician that took great efforts to bring Saint Tyagarajha to his king's court by performing in front of him??

The musician in picture is the gifted musician and composer from Raja Swathi Thirunal's court, Shadkaala Govinda Marar from Kerala.

Here is a direct extract from an an article at swathithirunal.org about the performance of Marar in front of Tyagarajha,

"During the performance he was strumming the tambura with his right hand, and playing the ganjira with his left hand, holding the latter instrument in postion between the toes of his right leg"

Great he is, indeed.

blogging out ,
krishna

Entharo Mahanubavulu Anthariki Vandanamulu (Salutations to all those great people in the world)

Comments on "Getting praised by the greatest"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

krishna

tyagayya was no doubt a genius
my favourite happens to be nagumomu in madhyamavathi which is an utsava sampradaya kriti.
however I'm an ardent fan\devotee\admirer of SRI ANNAMAYYA the great composer who saw VENKATANarayana EVERY WHERE!
I also like Narayanatirtha's compositions on Krishna.

I've blogrolled you too. thanks for the visit, keep visiting and wait for my post on philosophy coming up today

 

Blogger krishna said ... (12:08 AM) : 

thnks anand for visiting this blog.

those definitely were mahanubavulus..:)

ur comment has gotten me to know more abt narayanathirthar. i also stumbled across http://www.vittaldas.com/ , which has got some pretty kool info and stuff abt bhajana sampradaya and namasankeerthanam..

I wud also like to share bhajans rendered by Udayalur Kalayanaraman.lemme know if u are interested.

krishna

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 AM) : 

sure,

I will check it out sometime. check out my post on vedanta and please do leave your comments on my line of reasoning . I hope you find it interesting.

 

Blogger krishna said ... (10:02 PM) : 

did u say u want the songs.?? if so,plz give me ur e-mail id.

btw,ur post was very interesting indeed. I have also left a comment.

and keep 'em comming...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I will mail it to you. besides why don''t you write a series of posts on Sri Annamacharya, I hesitate on the grounds that I am not formally trained in music, atleat in the case of vedanta I was fortunate to learn the art of debate and reasoning from my late grandfather.

 

Blogger krishna said ... (7:47 PM) : 

arvind

that's actually a good idea..btw, i am not really trained in carnatic music either. i just learnt a bit of violin:).but since my mom being a music teacher,i got to stick around listening to some quality music.

thnks to me mom..

 

Blogger Hawaiianmark said ... (9:44 PM) : 

Thanks for the comment. Will meander around your site, loks interesting.

Aloha.

 

Blogger krishna said ... (10:06 PM) : 

u are most welcome..:).

btw,,hope u dont get scared...

 

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said ... (12:22 AM) : 

Krishna,
No luck...I tried again to blogroll.! says Error on page in bottom left.!

 

post a comment
f